Reasons Behind Popularity of Magento Platform
Magento is the most widely used ecommerce platform in the world which has been increasingly popular with developers for ecommerce development since its inception in 2008. All of this has resulted in the increase in demand for Magento developers among IT companies and startups. Magento developers land a chance to work on challenging, interesting and exciting projects.
An experienced web development company in Kolkata is the best option if you are looking forward to developing an ecommerce site.
Reasons behind the popularity of Magento as a platform includes
- Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform written in PHP which gives the platform some desirable advantage over its competitors. It is highly customizable and can be personalized to suit the requirements of most projects. Additionally, it provides security to both the merchants and developers.
- A huge range of free and attractive themes are available for free use. Another advantage is the fact that personalized design can easily be integrated with the Magento CMS without any hassle. Availability of ready-made themes saves a shipload of development work.
- Flexibility is what makes Magento stand apart from others. Magento can be easily modified and customized using a wide range of available extensions and add-on modules. A large number of payment getaways can be integrated, and it can be used to move money all over the world. Magento assures for a business to become a global force to reckon with. The control-panel of the platform is very user-friendly. People with moderate technical knowledge can also work on it with relative ease.
- Last, but not the least, Magento has a large community of online helpers standing in support to fix any issue.
Another useful ecommerce platform is PrestaShop especially for start-ups. If you have decided to take the jump of taking your business online, then it is important for you to choose the best ecommerce platform as a start-up. PrestaShop is the best ecommerce platform for start-ups because
- Cut down on the development cost by using PrestaShop with the platform being an open-source software. Additionally, PrestaShop has one million community members that can help you with any issue you get stuck with.
- One should always choose an ecommerce platform on the basis of whether it has features to make your store SEO friendly or not to secure good rankings in search engine page results and PrestaShop comes with built-in SEO features such as URL rewriting, CMS pages, and much more.
- The intuitive interface of PrestaShop makes it easy to upload product images, content, creation of diverse categories, configuration of existing features, and more without any technical knowledge.
- One of the strong reasons behind customers abandoning their shopping cart can be attributed to a lengthy checkout process. PrestaShop scores high in this aspect with its one-page checkout process.
- PrestaShop comes with brilliant features that can enable you in marketing your store products easily. Create offers, give an option to add gift wrapping, choosing discount modes, and even offering free shipping, etc. with PrestaShop.
If you are looking for a web development company in Kolkata, look no further than Reddensoft InfoTech for your online store development.